When the Alliance for Long-Term Care Quality Improvement (ALTCQI) was formed, its primary objective was to improve the quality of care and quality of life experienced by nursing home residents through multi-disciplinary teaching and training of nursing home employees. Since its inception, the ALTCQI has been able to accomplish this objective through:
- The development of standards, teaching criteria, and testing for the Certified Quality and Risk Management Specialist Training Program.
- Conducting the 90 Hour Modular Education Program for Activity Professionals developed by the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals.
- Conducting training and education at state nursing home conferences.
- Offering state wide seminars and
- Educational sponsorships.
The ALTCQI continues to expand its educational goals and has recently begun to offer seminars to assisted living professionals. The first state-wide seminars were conducted in Alabama in October 2006. The ALCTQI will begin training and certifying assisted living risk managers.
Download the CQRMS Brochure