Individuals seeking to attend the CQRMS for Long-Term Care must complete an application and meet the following established criteria:
- Currently employed by a long-term care facility
- Possess an Associates Degree in Nursing and have one (1) year of full-time long-term care experience; or
- Possess a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in any field and have one (1) year of long-term care experience; or
- Combination of education and three (3) years work experience in risk management, quality assurance, or long-term care management and actively employed in the long-term care profession.
Certification Requirements for Long-Term Care
The CQRMS does offer a professional certification to individuals who:
- Have been approved to attend the CQRMS Training Program; and
- Attended each daily session of the CQRMS Training Program; and
- Have passed the examination with a score of 75% or higher (online testing).
Certification Renewal Requirements
In order to maintain certification, individuals must renew their certification every two (2) years. To renew, each certified risk manager must:
- Complete a renewal application; and
- Submit copies of attendance certificates totaling twenty-four (24) hours of continuing education credit that was completed during the two (2) years since certification or re-certification related to long-term care and/or approved by the ALTCQI; and
- Pay renewal fees.
Download the CQRMS Renewal Form